Choose a noun from the list to complete the sentences. There is an extra word.
break-in, breakthrough, check-up, comeback, cutback, get-together, rip-off, write-up
1. The rock band stopped performing for about ten years but then made a very successful _______, filling stadiums like they did before.
2. We’re having a little ______ at our house this weekend to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. We’d love you to join us.
3. The government _______s in education were severely criticised this week by teachers’ unions.
4. The police have finally made a major _______ in the case and may make an arrest soon.
5. Are you sure you want to see that film? It’s had some terrible _______s in the papers.
6. There was a ______ at the celebrity’s villa in the south of France. The thieves made off with jewellery worth over a million dollars.
7. Thirty dollars for a cocktail! I don’t care if the views are amazing. What a ______! I’m not paying that. Let’s go to another bar.
- comeback 2. get-together 3. cutback 4. breakthrough 5. write-up 6. break-in 7. rip-off