Choose a noun from the list to complete the sentences. There is an extra word.
break-in, breakthrough, comeback, cutback, get-together, write-up
1. The rock band stopped performing for about ten years but then made a very successful _______, filling stadiums like they did before.
2. We’re having a little ______ at our house this weekend to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Please come.
3. The government _______s in education were severely criticised this week by teachers’ unions.
4. The police have finally made a major _______ in the case and may make an arrest soon.
5. Are you sure you want to see that film? It’s had some terrible _______s in the papers.
- comeback 2. get-together 3. cutback 4. breakthrough 5. write-up