Change these sentences from the active to the passive.
eg. They told him to wait. ➜ He was told to wait.
1. We should discuss the matter straightaway.
2. They are playing the match on Centre Court right now.
3. The bad weather didn’t affect us very much.
4. They asked Michael a lot of questions.
5. They haven’t signed the contract yet.
6. They give children too many exams and too much homework.
7. You can’t sell the house until next year.
8. They are renovating the hotel at the moment.
9. They have told everyone to stay at home.
10. They will play all matches behind closed doors.
JOIN my Telegram Channel for a more interactive English experience!
Would you like more practice of this grammar topic? Go to The Passive (2)
FULL LIST of Grammar Exercises (Most content is designed for B1 to C1 English learners)
1. The matter should be discussed straightaway.
2. The match is being played on Centre Court right now.
3. We weren’t affected very much (by the bad weather).
4. Michael was asked a lot of questions.
5. The contract hasn’t been signed yet.
6. Children are given too many exams and too much homework.
7. The house can’t be sold until next year.
8. The hotel is being renovated at the moment.
9. Everyone has been told to stay at home.
10. All matches will be played behind closed doors.
Verb Training (1) – Present Perfect
Verb Training (2) – Mixed Tenses
Verb Training (3) – Past Simple
Verb Training (4) – Present Continuous
Verb Training (5) – Past Simple Questions
Verb Training (6) – Mixed Tenses