Complete the sentences using these verbs in the present perfect continuous (contracted form)
attend — film — have — holiday — look for — regret — rehearse — steal — wait — walk — work out
- “Where on earth have you been? I _________________________ here for over an hour!”
- Madeira is a lovely island. We _________________________ there every year for the last ten years.
- Richard wants to take his family on holiday to Hawaii so he _________________________ good travel deals on the internet.
- Alberto needs to rapidly improve his English for a business trip in the summer so he _______________________ an intensive course at a local language school.
- “Why is the park closed?” – “They _________________________ the new Coldplay video.”
- The shopkeeper wants to install a video camera as someone _______________________ from the till.
- The actors are exhausted and they want to go home. They _________________________ for the play all day.
- Tim feels bad about cheating in the exam last week. He _______________________ it ever since.
- Carole is trying to get fit for the summer so she _________________________ at the gym twice a week and she _________________________ to work every day.
- “Where have you been?” – “At the garage. I _________________________ trouble with my car.”
- ‘ve been waiting
- ‘ve been holidaying
- ‘s been looking for
- ‘s been attending
- ‘ve been filming
- ‘s been stealing
- ‘ve been rehearsing
- ‘s been regretting
- ‘s been working out; ‘s been walking
- ‘ve been having