Add the gerund or infinitive form (with or without “to”) of the verb in brackets.
- Beatrice offered __________ (carry) my suitcase.
- “Do you mind __________ (babysit) Leo for a few hours? I really need __________ (get) some rest.”
- Kevin is tired of __________ (sit) in traffic jams every morning.
- We decided __________ (adopt) a dog from an animal shelter.
- As it was rush hour we avoided __________ (take) the bus and we chose __________ (walk) instead.
- Max has spent hours and hours __________ (study) in the library. He really deserves
__________ (pass) his history exam
- In museums you are generally not allowed __________ (touch) anything.
- Most of us dislike people __________ (interrupt) us.
- Unfortunately we can’t afford __________ (live) in the city.
- I wonder if Paul will let me __________ (borrow) his brand new motorbike.
- __________ (eat) less meat is better for the environment, many scientists say.
- Ian prefers __________ (hike) in the mountains to __________ (relax) on the beach.
1. to carry 2. babysitting; to get 3. sitting 4. to adopt 5. taking; to walk 6. studying; to pass 7. to touch 8. interrupting 9. to live 10. borrow 11. Eating 12. hiking; relaxing
More grammar exercises:
Past simple (verb drills)