Add the gerund or infinitive form of the verb in brackets.
- We had to stay indoors all day as it wouldn’t stop ____________ (rain).
- To get to the zoo from here you need ____________ (take) the number 10 bus and remember ____________ (get off) at the third stop.
- “Don’t forget ____________ (check) your essays before you hand them in” reminded the teacher.
- Virginia’s never going to forget ____________ (swim) with sharks in Hawaii. It was a such a thrill. In fact she’s now trying ____________ (persuade) her husband to go too.
- “Do you know how this coffee machine works?”
– “I’ve no idea. Have you tried ____________ (press) the green button? That might help.”
- Before catching the train I stopped ____________ (buy) a drink and a doughnut.
- Your shirt needs ____________ (iron). It’s really creased.
- Poor Jack! He remembers ____________ (fall) down the stairs but he doesn’t remember anything else.
- Honey, you need ____________ (stop) ____________ (worry). Everything will be okay.
- Can you go and play somewhere else? I’m trying ____________ (study)
1. raining 2. to take / to get off 3. to check 4. swimming/to persuade 5. pressing 6. to buy 7. ironing 8. falling 9. to stop / worrying 10. to study