Fill the gaps with the phrasal verbs (in the correct form). There are two extra verbs.
catch on chop up fire away fire back go off pour down put out shop around stay up turn up
- When we went into the cinema it was bright and sunny but by the time we left it was absolutely _____ _____.
- The match is on TV but it doesn’t finish until after midnight. Ask Mum if she’ll let us _____ _____ to see it.
- “Can I help you get dinner ready?
– “Yes, can you _____ _____ that parsley first?”
- I usually like fish but I _____ _____ it when I was pregnant.
- Are you sure you don’t mind driving me home? I don’t want to _____ you _____ .
- The family were delighted when their dog _____ _____ safe and sound. They thought they would never see him again.
- Nicole was able to find the computer at a much lower price after _____ _____.
- “Can I ask you a few questions about your work?”
– “Sure, _____ _____.”
1. pouring down 2. stay up 3. chop up 4. went off 5. put … out 6. turned up 7. shopping around 8. fire away