Choose the correct alternative in brackets.
- It’s getting late. We should make _____ . (paths, tracks, ways)
- Thanks to a private teacher Amaya has made a lot of _____ with her German. (forward, headway, progresses)
- As soon as we got into the club we made a _____ for the bar. (beeline, flyline, mothline)
- I had made such a _____ ear of my French essay that I decided to start all over again (cow’s, duck’s, pig’s)
- It suddenly started to rain heavily while we were walking on the beach so we made a _____ for the car. (comeback, dash, hurry)
- I’m really sorry I had to cancel our dinner date yesterday. How can I make _____? (amends, compensations, remedies)
- What does this say, Anna? I can’t make head nor _____ of your handwriting. (foot, heel, tail)