Change these sentences from the active to the passive. (Answers at the bottom of the page)
eg. They told him to wait. ➜ He was told to wait.
1. He hasn’t used his credit card.
2. The fire destroyed several buildings.
3. They are checking the passengers’ passports.
4. They have informed everybody.
5. Somebody stole Jack’s laptop yesterday.
6. They have arrested five people in the connection with the incident.
7. They are taking down the party decorations.
8. They should give him a medal.
9. They are holding the meeting on Friday.
10. They will call off the match if it keeps raining.
1. His credit card hasn’t been used.
2. Several buildings were destroyed (by the fire).
3. The passengers’ passports are being checked.
4. Everybody has been informed.
5. Jack’s laptop was stolen yesterday.
6. Five people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
7. The party decorations are being taken down.
8. He should be given a medal.
9. The meeting is being held on Friday.
10. The match will be called off if it keeps raining.
More Grammar and Vocabulary exercises for improving your English.