Which of these sentences are grammatically incorrect? Correct the mistakes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
- Police have arrested a forty-three-years old man.
- I wish they stopped talking! I can’t hear the TV.
- I bought me a new pair of shoes.
- Ella knocked on the door and went in.
- Barry gave me a very useful advice.
- It’s quite a lot more expensive if you fly in August.
- Would you mind giving me a lift to school this morning?
- I can’t talk right now, sorry. I phone you back in a few minutes, okay?
1. Police have arrested a forty-three-year-old man.
2. I wish they would stop talking! I can’t hear the TV.
3. I bought (myself) a new pair of shoes.
5. Barry gave me (some) very useful advice.
8. I can’t talk right now, sorry. I’ll phone you back in a few minutes, okay?