Fill the gaps with the phrasal verbs (in the correct form). There are two extra verbs.
- You wouldn’t be so stressed if you didn’t __________ so much work.
- One of your shirt buttons is about to __________ . Be careful you don’t lose it.
- If we don’t leave soon, we’ll __________ missing the train.
- I can’t believe twenty years have __________ since I moved to Spain.
- It’s pouring with rain. Are you sure you want to walk to school? I can _____ you _____ there if you like.
- Can you _____ the noise _____ ? I’m trying to study.
- Vera’s bus pass finally __________. It had dropped down behind the sofa.
- Sean is going to ask for a pay rise as he can barely __________ on his salary.
1. take on
2. come off
3. end up
4. gone by
5. drop off
6. keep down
7. turned up
8. get by