It can really help your pronunciation if you know the phonetic symbols and the sounds they represent. You don’t need to worry about learning to write them just to recognise them. Do my quickie Improve Your Accent exercises and you’ll pick them up in no time, plus you’ll improve your pronunciation and your listening skills too.
Can you ‘decipher’ these 7 words?
Now take those words and complete the sentences. Answers tomorrow! 😉
- You could fly from Barcelona to Ibiza but you could also take the _____.
- Thanks to the lovely shop window display we attracted lots more _____s to the shop.
- They always make their own Carnival _____s.
- The hotel was stunning. It looked like a _____tale castle.
- When I switched on my phone again I had over a hundred WhatsApp _____s.
- You’re very tense. Let me _____ your shoulders.
- It’s a _____ in Japan to take off your shoes before entering somebody’s home.