Fill the gaps with a word from the list. There are two extra words.
bull butterflies cat dog donkey goat horse pig oyster starfish
- We can’t all stay at Hugo’s flat. It’s tiny. There’s not enough room to swing a __________.
- I’m sure I’ve failed my exam. I made a right _____’s ear of it.
- You’re young. You can do anything or go anywhere. The world is your __________.
- Polly is feeling very nervous before her first date with Michael. She has __________ in her stomach.
- This is such a one-__________ town! I can’t wait to move somewhere bigger and livelier.
- It really gets my __________ that Gavin is always late for everything.
- I’m not lending you any more of my books. You always return them all _____-eared.
- I love this song. I haven’t heard it in _____’s years. Turn up the radio!
1. cat 2. pig 3. oyster 4. butterflies 5. horse 6. goat 7. dog 8. donkey
I Love Idioms! (1) – Parts of the Body
More vocabulary exercises
A list of all my grammar exercises