Which of these sentences are grammatically incorrect? Find the mistakes and correct them. Scroll down for the answers.
1. We’d better take an umbrella in case it will rain.
2. Take my advise – stay away from that guy.
3. Marco drinks a great deal of coffee.
4. I wish I hadn’t spent so much money.
5. Emily is doing a six-weeks online course.
6. It’s time you start your homework.
7. Let me know when are you arriving.
1. We’d better take an umbrella in case it rains.
2. Take my advice – stay away from that guy.
5. Emily is doing a six-week online course.
6. It’s time you started/were starting your homework.
7. Let me know when you are arriving.
More Find the Grammar Mistakes exercises
I really don’t believe in spending huge amounts of time on grammar but a little verb drill practice now and then can strengthen your knowledge of verb conjugations and tense structures. And this will give you more confidence.
You need to combine it though with regular real-world practice if you want this knowledge to stick.
Verb Training (1) – Present Perfect
Verb Training (2) – Mixed Tenses
Verb Training (3) – Past Simple