A. General Vocabulary
Fill in the gaps. All the words begin with the letters DO- and an extra letter has also been given.
1. Dining in a restaurant on the seafront will cost you
top do_ _ a _ .
2. The cruise ship do_ k _ _ in Jamaica yesterday evening and will set sail again on Friday.
3. There’s something a bit do_ g _ about that guy. I wouldn’t trust him if I were you.
4. One of the do_ _ s _ _ _ _ of working from home is that it’s easy to get distracted by housework.
5. I was worried the exam was going to be difficult but it was
an absolute do_ d _ _.
Complete the expressions using the verbs below. There are two extra verbs.
catch give keep make save take
1. You can _____ your breath. I’m not going to the party and that’s that.
2. Sarah loves helping out at the animal shelter. She’s exhausted though – it _____s a lot out of her.
3. I’ve got to go. _____ you later.
4. I doubt they’ll give me the job but I’m going to _____ it a shot.
C. Word Building
Use the word in capitals to form a new word which fits the gap.
1. This app is __________! I’m going to uninstall it. USE
2. I quickly checked my __________ in the mirror before opening the front door. APPEAR
3. The oranges were sweet and so __________ after our long walk. REFRESH
4. Someone sent Nina a beautiful bunch of roses. She has a secret __________. ADMIRE