Complete the second sentence so that the meaning is very similar to the first, using the key word in bold. Use between two and five words, including the key word. Contractions (I’m, can’t, etc, count as two words)
1. I can’t wait to go back to Costa Rica. FORWARD
I’m ______________________________ to Costa Rica.
2. It was the funniest thing I’d ever seen. SUCH
I’d ______________________________ thing.
3. George doesn’t like rugby. KEEN
George ______________________________ rugby.
4. Perhaps Sara already went home. MIGHT
Sara ______________________________ home.
5. It’s warmer in Rome than in Paris. AS
Paris ______________________________ Rome.
6. I think you should tell Isabel. WERE
If ______________________________ tell Isabel.
7. I’m going to remove my makeup. TAKE
I’m ______________________________ my makeup.
8. Can you do the dishes for me? MIND
Do ______________________________ the dishes for me?
There are lots more free resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around! My content is aimed at a B1 / B2 level of English.
Full list of vocabulary exercises
Full list of grammar exercises