Complete the second sentence so that the meaning is very similar to the first, using the key word in bold.
Use between two and five words, including the key word. Contractions (I’m, can’t, etc, count as two words)
1. We discovered a lovely little coffee shop on our walk through the old town. ACROSS
We _______________ a lovely little coffee shop on our walk through the old town.
2. If it’s okay with you, I’d prefer to stay at home. MIND
If _______________ , I’d prefer to stay at home.
3. They don’t have permission to use the car park. ALLOWED
They _______________ to use the car park.
4. We were so surprised when Paul appeared at the party. TURNED
We were so surprised when Paul _______________ at the party.
5. The lift isn’t working so we’ll take the stairs. ORDER
The lift is _______________ so we’ll take the stairs.
6. I’ll have finished my homework soon. LONG
It _______________ to finish my homework.
7. It’s possible I forgot to lock the door. MIGHT
I _______________ to lock the door.
8. Who does this scarf belong to? IS
There are lots more free resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around! My content is aimed at a B1 / B2 level of English.
Full list of vocabulary exercises
Full list of grammar exercises