Add a suitable phrasal verb in the correct form.
blow out, carry out, let out, pass out, run out, throw out, try out, turn out
1. It was so hot in the office that I thought I was going to ______ _____.
2. Do you want to come with me and _____ _____ that new Zumba class?
3. If you aren’t going to wear these clothes any more you should _____ them _____. I can take them to the charity shop for you.
4. There are no more chocolate biscuits; we’ve _____ ______.
5. The dogs want to go out into the garden. Shall I _____ them _____?
6. The museum was closed for a few days while they ________ _______ repairs on the roof.
7. I had dreaded going to the party but it _____ ______ to be a lot of fun.
8. Everyone clapped and cheered as the birthday girl _______ _______ the candles on her birthday cake.
Scroll down for the answers 😎
1. pass out
2. try out
3. throw out
4. run out
5. let out
6. carried out
7. turned out
8. blew out
QUIZ YOUR ENGLISH! – VOCABULARY WORKSHEETS