PDF printable coming soon!
Follow me on 📌 PINTEREST
Complete the idioms with a word related to clothing from the list. There are two extra words. Scroll down for the answers.
belt, boot, coat, cuff, glove, hat, seam, shoe, sock
- If we want our money to last until the end of our holiday, we need to tighten our _____s. We’ve been spending our money much too fast.
- We had invited so many people to our party that the apartment was bursting at the _____s.
- If you need me, just phone me and I’ll be there at the drop of a _____.
- I wouldn’t like to be in your _____s when Martin finds out you had dinner with this ex.
- Sara is an expert on Italian art. She has given so many talks on the subject that she doesn’t prepare very much, she just speaks off the _____.
- Patrick has got a bit too big for his _____s since he was chosen to play for the national team. He thinks he’s really special.
- I thought the dress would be too small for me but it fit me like a _____.
- Hey everyone, I want to clear all the stuff out of the attic this afternoon so I can start painting. So roll up your _____s and let’s get started.
MORE IDIOMS EXERCISES