JOIN us for more content, quizzes and assignments!
Words starting with SM-
Can you complete all these words which start with the letters SM-? Each line represents a letter. Scroll down for the answers.
1. For dinner we had sm_ _ _ _ salmon with roast potatoes and broccoli.
2. “Mad World” was a sm_ _ _ hit for Tears for Fears in the 1980s.
3. Skunks are known for the foul-sm_ _ _ _n_ odour they squirt to repel predators.
4. Have you got any sm_ _ _ change? I want to get a drink from the vending machine and I don’t have any coins on me.
5. Let’s get Carmina on our team. She’s as sm_ _ _ as a whip.
6. Rocco met a lovely French girl on holiday. They’re absolutely sm_ _ _ _ n with each other and he wants to move to France.
7. Gretel was sm_ _ _-bang in the middle of her presentation when the fire alarm went off.
8. Oh no, I’ve sm_ _ g_ _ my drawing! I had some ink on my fingers.
9. “Would you like some more wine?” – “Yes, but just a sm_ _ g_ _ n, thanks.”
10. The fire may have been caused by a sm_u_d_ _ _ _g cigarette tossed out of a car window.
There are lots more free resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around! My content is aimed mostly at students with a B1 / B2 level of English.
Full list of vocabulary exercises
Full list of grammar exercises
1. smoked 2. smash 3. -smelling 4. small 5. smart
6. smitten 7. smack- 8. smudged 9. smidgeon 10. smouldering
Check out my 3 accounts on Twitter!
Twitter is a wonderful platform for improving languages and getting to know other language learners. Come and say hi!
150phrasalverbs – to learn and review 150 must-know English phrasal verbs