Words starting with PL-
Can you complete all these words which start with the letters PL-? Each line represents a letter.
Scroll down for the answers.
1. Prunes are dried pl_ _ _ .
2. “Do we need to buy more wine for the party?” – “No, we’ve got pl_ _ _ y.”
3. That man looks so familiar but I just can’t pl_ _ _ him. (= remember where I have seen him before)
4. “Thanks for having us over for dinner, Pablo.” — “The pl_ _s_ _ _ was all mine.”
5. The government has pl_ _g_ _ (= promised) to do more to help low-income families.
6. Oliver bought a pl_ _ of land and built his own house.
7. Molière was a famous French pl_yw_ _ _ _t.
8. He pl_ _d_ _ guilty to the charges.
9. Sam and Katy are just friends. Their relationship is purely pl_ _ _n_c.
10. The campaign aims to raise awareness about the pl_ _h_ (= very difficult situation) of refugees.
There are lots more vocabulary exercises and other resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around!
Full list of vocabulary exercises
Full list of grammar exercises
1. plums 2. plenty 3. place 4. pleasure 5. pledged 6. plot 7. playwright 8. pleaded 9. platonic 10. plight
Check out my 3 accounts on Twitter!
Twitter is a wonderful platform for improving languages and getting to know other language learners. Come and say hi!
150phrasalverbs – to learn and review 150 must-know English phrasal verbs