B1 Level / Intermediate English
Would you like to review the grammar explanation first?
Complete these sentences using had better and the following verbs:
not arrive book call not miss pay put on return not wear
1. You ________ those books to the library soon or you’ll get a fine.
2. She ________ late again or she’ll get the sack.
3. You ________ your electricity bill today or they’ll cut you off.
4. It’s a formal occasion so you ________ jeans.
5. That restaurant’s very popular and it’s Saturday night. We ________ a table.
6. You ________ the train or you’ll be late for your interview.
7. You ________ a coat. It’s freezing outside.
8. I think we ________ David a taxi. He has had a lot to drink and he should go home.
Future Perfect Exercise 1
1. had better return
2. had better not arrive
3. had better pay
4. had better not wear
5. had better book
6. had better not miss
7. had better put on
8. had better call