😻 NEW! Online Group CONVERSATION CLASSES
These English conversation questions are a resource for both teachers and students. They can be used in class, or with a study buddy, or with somebody you do a language exchange with.
My TIPS for learners to get the most out these questions.
- ✨ In those in-between times when you can’t find somebody to practise with I recommending trying to write down your answers, or even talking out loud to yourself!
- ✨ Ensure you make notes of useful words and phrases that you either couldn’t remember or didn’t know when you were trying to explain something. This will really help you to move forward with your English.
- ✨ I also highly recommend going through the questions a second or third time at a later date with somebody else, as a way of revision, and you are sure to notice that you are able to explain things faster and more effectively.
Let’s Talk About Music
1. How often do you listen to music?
2. How do you normally listen to music? Do you listen to the radio? Do you use an app?
3. What kinds of music do you like?
4. What music are you not a fan of?
5. Who are your favourite singers and bands?
6. Do you ever study English songs to learn vocabulary? If so, whose songs are good for learning English?
7. Do you listen to music while you are working or studying?
8. Do you listen to music while exercising?
9. What’s your favourite musical?
10. What’s your favourite movie soundtrack?
11. What’s your favourite theme tune from a TV show?
12. Do you have a favourite song in English?
13. What’s one of your favourite songs in your language? Who’s it by?
14. What’s one of your favourite albums?
15. What music do your parents or grandparents like? Have you learnt about music or certain bands or singers from them?
16. Do you like singing?
17. Do you normally sing around the house?
18. Do you like dancing?
19. Have you ever been to a ballet?
20. Have you ever been to an opera?
21. Have you ever been to a concert?
22. If you could see absolutely anyone in concert and have a front row ticket, who would it be?
23. Can you play a musical instrument?
24. Do you like classical music? If so, who is your favourite composer?
25. What kinds of music are popular in your country?
26. What traditional instruments are there in your country?
27. Which singers and bands from your country would you recommend listening to?
28. Do you ever listen to music from other parts of the world, in other languages?
29. Have you ever sung at a karaoke bar?
30. Have you ever hired a DJ or a band for a special occasion?
FOLLOW ME on Twitter for my vocabulary quizzes and more!! Twitter is the best social media platform for practising English or any foreign language, and getting to know fellow learners. Come and say hi!
More CONVERSATION QUESTIONS to help you improve your English speaking skills. Remember they are also useful for writing practice. Practice makes progress!
Click on a topic for a list of conversation questions you can use in class or a language exchange.
Past Simple and Present Perfect
Conditionals (Second Conditional)
Books and Reading
Films and Cinema
Football / Soccer
Food, Cooking and Eating Out
Animals and Nature