Level: B1 / B2
Add a suitable phrasal verb in the correct form.
go ahead, go away, go by, go down with, go off, go out, go through, go under
1. Julie and Nick have been ____________ for eight years and plan to get married in the autumn.
2. Running a restaurant is a very tough business and sadly many restaurants _______ in the first year.
3. The man at the bar was annoying me so I told him to _______.
4. The university canteen was closed temporarily when twelve students _______ food poisoning.
5. The wedding is _______ despite the fact that the bridegroom’s mother is ill in hospital.
6. Vicky was late for work this morning because her alarm didn’t _______.
7. The security guards _______ our bags before we went into the football stadium.
8. Our holiday has _______ so fast. I can’t believe we have to fly back home tomorrow.
Scroll down for the answers 😎
More phrasal verb exercises
Exercise 3: Mixed Phrasal Verbs
Exercise 4: Mixed Phrasal Verbs
Exercise 5: Phrasal verbs with ‘COME’
Exercise 6: Nouns from Phrasal Verbs
1. going out
2. go under
3. go away
4. went down with
5. going ahead
6. go off
7. went through
8. gone by