Words starting with PL-
Can you complete all these words which start with the letters PL-? Each line represents a letter.
Scroll down for the answers.
1. Prunes are dried pl_ _ _ .
2. “Do we need to buy more wine for the party?” – “No, we’ve got pl_ _ _ y.”
3. That man looks so familiar but I just can’t pl_ _ _ him. (= remember where I have seen him before)
4. “Thanks for having us over for dinner, Pablo.” — “The pl_ _s_ _ _ was all mine.”
5. The government has pl_ _g_ _ (= promised) to do more to help low-income families.
6. Oliver bought a pl_ _ of land and built his own house.
7. Molière was a famous French pl_yw_ _ _ _t.
8. He pl_ _d_ _ guilty to the charges.
9. Sam and Katy are just friends. Their relationship is purely pl_ _ _n_c.
10. The campaign aims to raise awareness about the pl_ _h_ (= very difficult situation) of refugees.
There are lots more vocabulary exercises and other resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around!
Check out my 3 accounts on Twitter!
Twitter is a wonderful platform for improving languages and getting to know other language learners. Come and say hi!
150phrasalverbs – to learn and review 150 must-know English phrasal verbs