Words starting with CH-
Can you complete all these words which start with the letters CH-? Each line represents a letter.
1. Halloumi, cheddar and manchego are all kinds of ch_ _ _ _.
2. Even though the spring afternoons are warm it can get quite ch_ _ _ _ once the sun goes down.
3. Children under five can visit the museum free of ch_ _ _ _. They don’t have to pay.
4. To get in shape for the summer Stella set herself the ch_ _ _ _ _g_ of walking 3km a day for a month.
5. The sound of birds singing at dawn is called the dawn ch_r_ _.
6. Ch_ _ _m_ _ _ tea is one of the world’s favourite herbal teas. It is said to help with digestion and sleep.
7. I cut the pineapple into ch_ _ks and put some on the top of my pizza.
8. Ch_ _ _ l _ _n_ are lizards. They are well-known for their rotating eyes, their very long and lightning-fast tongues and their ability to change colour.
9. There are lots of lovely cafés and restaurants in the town. You are really spoilt for ch_ _c_.
10. Karl is trying to learn five languages all at the same time but he is really struggling. I think he has bitten off more than he can ch_ _.
There are lots more vocabulary exercises and other resources here on my website for learning or teaching English, so please have a look around!
Full list of vocabulary exercises
Full list of grammar exercises
Check out my 3 accounts on Twitter!
Twitter is a wonderful platform for improving languages and getting to know other language learners. Come and say hi!
150phrasalverbs – to learn and review 150 must-know English phrasal verbs