Answers: 1) signature 2) reliable 3) crowded
A. General Vocabulary
Fill in the gaps. All the words begin with the letters AN– and an extra letter has also been given.
1. Amy and Leonard are celebrating their 50th wedding an_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ y this Saturday.
2. Cinzia isn’t an_ t _ _ _ _ like her sister. She is far more outgoing.
3. John isn’t playing basketball at the moment as he has sprained his an_ l _.
4. The money was donated by someone who wishes to remain an_ n _ _ _ _ s.
5. Deer, moose and caribou have an_ l _ _ _ .
Choose the correct verb to complete the idioms.
1. “I’m not usually one to _____ my own trumpet but I think I’m a pretty good cook,” said Julia. (blow, push, turn)
2. You’re a bit tense about the meeting tomorrow. Why don’t you go for a run and _____ off some steam? (break, go, let)
3. The children are _____ under my feet. Do you mind taking them to the park so that I can get on with making lunch? (getting, going, running)
4. We _____ the house upside down trying to find Ben’s football shoes but we couldn’t find them anywhere. (lifted, ran, turned)
C. Practical English
Choose the correct response.
1. “Shall I carry that for you?” – “No, don’t worry. _______________”
a) I can do. b) I can manage.
2. “Can you lend me your pen?” – “_______________.”
a) Yes, here you are. b) Yes, here you have it.
3. “Do you know how to do this?” – “_______________.”
a) Sorry, I have no idea. b) Sorry, I don’t have idea.
A. 1. anniversary 2. anything 3. ankle 4. anonymous 5. antlers.
B. 1. blow 2. let 3. getting 4. turned
C. 1. b) 2. a) 3. a)
Quiz Your English! (2) 😻 New! 😻
What’s the missing word? (The same word fits all the gaps). Answers by DM *only* to @EnglishSmarts on Twitter.
If I’m not following you, ask me for a follow first please. 😉
🔹 to _____ stars
🔹 to _____ how the land lies
🔹 what the eye doesn’t _____, the heart doesn’t grieve over
If you enjoy my quizzes, I would love it if you could Like and Retweet and Share with your friends, family and colleagues.
This only takes a millisecond and boosts my visibility on social media.
Or even better, tell them to follow me! 😺 And…..in addition to @EnglishSmarts I have two other accounts on Twitter:
@150phrasalverbs: – learn and review 150 really common multi-word verbs
@DazzleEnglish: – for advanced vocabulary