Choose the correct alternative in brackets.
- The traffic was so bad that we got to the hotel very late, and to make _____ worse they couldn’t find our reservation. (issues, matters, thing)
- It makes my blood _____ when I see people mistreating animals. (boil, hot, thick)
- Grandpa is in a grumpy mood so it’s best if we make ourselves _____ for a few hours. (scarce, splash, tracks)
- Lily adores her grandparents’ dog. She always makes a big _____ over him. (bolt, fool, fuss)
- So the waiter overcharged you by fifty pence. You didn’t need to make a _____ about it. It was a just a simple mistake and you embarrassed the poor guy. (cat and mouse, kiss and tell, song and dance)
- When Robert quit his job he made no ______ about what he thought of the boss. (bites, bones, brains)
- Harry said there isn’t really a tooth fairy. It’s just make-_____. (believe, imagine, sense)
5. song and dance
Test your Idioms!
Expressions with ‘Make’ (1)
Expressions with ‘Give’ (1)
Expressions with ‘Take’ (1)