Fill the gaps with the phrasal verbs (in the correct form). There is an extra verb.
drag on drop off go off join in run into set off squeeze in stand for stick around
- The other day I _____ _____ a friend that I hadn’t seen since we were at university.
- There’s going to be a lot of traffic tomorrow so we should _____ _____ early.
- Ella asked the taxi driver to _____ her _____ on the corner of King Street.
- Although I didn’t have an appointment the dentist was able to _____ me _____.
- I was late for work because my alarm clock didn’t _____ _____ and I missed my train.
- Sorry I’m so late – the meeting _____ _____ for ages!
- We didn’t go straight home after school – we _____ _____ to play football.
- At the party Doug didn’t want to _____ _____ with the dancing but after a while and after a few beers he changed his mind.
1. ran into 2. set off 3. drop/off 4. squeeze/in 5. go off 6. dragged on 7. stuck around 8. join in
TEST YOUR VOCABULARY!
Quiz Your English! (1)
Quiz Your English! (2)
Nouns from Phrasal Verbs (1)
Colloquial Expressions (1)
Find the Grammar Mistakes