It’s time to put your animal expertise to the test, my dear English students! The answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. The fastest creature in the animal kingdom is a bird, the ________.
(a) common swift
(b) frigate bird
(c) great horned owl
(d) peregrine falcon
2. A baby kangaroo is known as a ________.
3. Which snake isn’t native to the British Isles?
4. Which mythical creature is Scotland’s national animal?
5. Which of the big cats can’t roar?
6. Which of these isn’t a species of shark?
7. Which of these animals spends most of its life in a tree?
8. Which of these won’t you find in a honey bee colony?
a) a slacker
b) a worker
(c) a queen
(d) a drone
1. (d) peregrine falcon (they can dive at over 320km/h!)
2. (c) joey (click here for 5 Amazing Kangaroo Joey Facts)
3. (c) rattlesnake (native to the Americas)
4. (a) unicorn (click here for 10 Magical Facts about Unicorns)
5. (b) cheetah (it can purr though!)
6. (a) bottlenose (it’s a dolphin species)
7. (c) sloth (they are much safer up in the trees!)
8. (a) slacker (a slacker is an informal word for a person who is lazy and doesn’t do all the work they should)
FOLLOW ME on Twitter for my vocabulary quizzes and more!! Twitter is the best social media platform for practising English or any foreign language.
English Speaking Skills: Conversation Questions